1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident and reside in the WZTV-FOX17 viewing. Nominees must be individuals or families residing in the WZTV-FOX17 viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WZTV (the “Station”) WUXP, WNAB, (the “Stations”), Frank N. Magid Associates, The Jefferson Awards, their affiliated companies, advertising andpromotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee.
2. Log on to www.wztv.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, age, and briefly describe how the nominee has done “outstanding personal acts or impacted the community.” No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the nominee, and not the entrant, is eligible to win a prize.
3. The contest starts on August 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on February 3, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries/nominations must be received by Station by the last Wednesday of each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly judging. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. Each month during the Contest Period, all entries/nominations will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station and sponsor personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and personal act (33%). On the first Wednesday of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be determined by the judge(s) in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of seven (7) winners. The decisions of the judge(s) shall be final. Remaining valid entries/nominationswill carry over to the next monthly judging.
5. The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Stations’ news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Stations.
6. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. On March 1, 2014, all winning entries will be judged again by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station and sponsor personnel to determine which is the best candidate to represent FOX17 and the state of Tennessee. That winner will travel to Washington to represent our market at the NationalCeremonies April 1, 2014.
8. On April 1, 2014 all the Jefferson Award winners representing each Media Partner, the Board of the Jefferson Awards will select five to receive a national award. These Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award winners will be announced to the public at the National Ceremonies in Washington, DC in June 16 & 17, 2014.
1. Each of the seven (7) winners (one winner per month) will receive a special framed letter and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Stations’ newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Stations reserve the right to not air any “Jefferson Award” news segment.
2. One grand prize entry winner will travel to Washington to represent the Tennessee market at the National Ceremonies on April 1, 2014. Travel arrangements including hotel, transportation, meals, and airline provided by The Jefferson Awards Foundation and will contact winner directly. Winner must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by The Jefferson Award Foundation.
3. On June 16-17, 2014 all of the Jefferson Awards winners representing each Media Partner, their Board will select five to receive a national Award. These Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award winners will be announced via satellite.
4. The winner(s) will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Stations on the same day of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner (s) cannot be notified within three (3) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Stations in its sole and absolute discretion.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
7. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
11. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 631 Mainstream Drive, Nashville TN 37228 and on the Station’s website at www.wztv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WZTV FOX17 631 Mainstream Drive, Nashville TN 37228 by August 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.