Murder suspect's bombshell claims raise questions
Updated: Monday, February 17 2014, 11:43 PM CST
Stream Fox 17 newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5
am and News at 9 pm.
SUNBURY, Pennsylvania - Months after the murders, Miranda Barbour is now telling a newspaper she has no regrets. Reporter Andrew Spencer tells us why Barbour says she should be kept behind bars. A woman accused of luring a man to his death says she's killed dozens of times before. Francis Scarcella, a reporter for the Daily Item in Sunbury, Pennsylvania, finally got his jailhouse interview with Miranda Barbour on Friday. He says Barbour floored him with claims of killing dozens of people, starting when she was just 13 years old, with victims in Alaska, Texas, California and North Carolina. The now 19 year old Barbour and her husband have entered Not Guilty pleas in a separate case. Police say the newlywed Barbours just wanted to kill someone together, so they found 42 year old Troy LaFerrara through a companionship ad on Craigslist.
In November, LaFerrara's body was found in the backyard of a home in Sunbury. Police say he had been strangled and stabbed 20 times. The last number dialed from his cell phone led police to the Barbours. Scarcella says Barbour claims to have killed those the self-proclaimed Satanist considered bad people. She claims to have killed fewer than 100, having stopped counting at 22.
Whether Barbour's claims of killing dozens of people are actually true, it's hard to say. Investigators say they're looking into it. Miranda Barbour also says she wants to stop living a lie and that it doesn't matter if anyone believes her or not.
Follow us on Twitter @wztv_fox17 and LIKE us on Facebook for