The 74 year old McMinnville great-grandmother died September 18th after contracting Meningitis.
"This is wrong. Any way you look at it it's wrong," said longtime friend Eva Lee.
Lee says Bryant was trying to get rid of some back pain when she received her third steroid injection at a Saint Thomas clinic in August.
Bryant told friends that injection hurt worse than the others.
The 74 year old died September 18th before doctors had even identified the meningitis outbreak.
"She was a tough girl. She could fight a lot of battles and if she'd had a little chance she would've won this battle," said Lee.
Bryant's husband filed a $50 million lawsuit against the New England Compounding Center that produced the injection.
Health officials believe the pharmacy's injections were tainted with mold.
Attorney Michael Galligan says he doesn't expect to collect anywhere near $50 million if he wins the lawsuit.
State laws restrict damage collections to around 1 to 2 million dollars in cases like this.
Galligan says the family is suing for $50 million to make a statement.
"That amount of damages is a statement of the frustration and the broken heart," said Galligan. "Those caps protect a company like this company from Massachusetts and they shouldn't. My client doesn't want them protected. They didn't protect his wife." Monday, October 22 2012, 09:34 PM CDT