Bart Durham Text to Ride Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Tennessee or Kentucky residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WZTV-FOX17 viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WZTV (the “Station”), WUXP, WNAB, Law Offices of Bart Durham, Sedan on Demand, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) Weekdays between December 24, 2012 – December 30, 2012, watch WZTV FOX17, Channel 17, and look for the keyword to be aired. Then, to enter text the keyword “RIDE” to the short code 45203. Text STOP to 45203 to cancel. Text HELP to 45203 for help. Entrants will receive up to 4 messages relating to this contest. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts onDecember 24, 2012, and all entries must be received by Station by 3:00 p.m. CST on December 30, 2012. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) On December 30, 2012, one grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing form among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive up to 3 hours of CAR SERVICE from Sedan on Demand valued at $99.00. Certain restrictions apply. Must call to schedule service. The prize must be used by December 31, 2013, and may be used on New Year’s Eve.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification, at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any one-hundred and eighty day (180) period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Law Offices of Bart Durham and Sedan on Demand have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received each day.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at FOX17 – 631 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37228 and on the Stations website at fox17.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to FOX 17 c/o “BART DURHAM FREE RIDE – 631 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37228 by January 14, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Law Offices of Bart Durham and Sedan on Demand accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.