Morning News Text to Win CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Tennessee or Kentucky residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WZTV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc. Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc. and Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WZTV (the "Station") their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household. Viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during any programming selected by the station. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g. first six callers, seventh caller, first caller with the correct answer). One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (a) the order in which calls were received and (b) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant's telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and the Station.
1. The number of winners to be selected and the applicable prize(s) will be announced when calls are solicited. Winners will be notified of the estimated retail value of the prize(s).
2. Winners will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address telephone number and date of birth to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winner's parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 working days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be accepted.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 180-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on WZTV, WUXP and WNAB or their web sites.
7. Sinclair Television Group Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc. and Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television Group Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc. and Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television Group Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WZTV 631 Mainstream Drive Nashville, TN 37228 and on the Station's website at www.fox17.com.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Tennessee, Inc, Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group Inc., accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.