Medical Director: Robert Belihar, M.D., M.S., M.P.H.
Dr. Belihar has been certified by the American Boards of Preventive Medicine, Anti-Aging Medicine and Ophthalmology. In addition to receiving his doctorate in medicine, he has been awarded master's degrees in science and public health.
He completed a highly successful career in the United States Air Force, retiring with the rank of Brigadier General. During his tour in the military, he held a wide range of positions, ranging from squadron flight surgeon to command surgeon at United States Central Command under General H. Norman Schwarzkopf.
Dr. Belihar remains active in clinical practice, serving as medical director for Lifesigns in Nashville, Tenn. He is an ardent advocate of a healthy lifestyle as the primary approach to disease management and healthy aging, and is a sought-after speaker on that subject. Widely traveled, he has visited 66 countries. Touched by the suffering he has witnessed in the third world, Dr. Belihar participates regularly in medical missions overseas.
The LIFESIGNS Physical Exam - Our "ounce of prevention"
- Screening ultrasound of carotid arteries, thyroid, aorta, and abdomen (at no charge)
- Extensive blood panel and urinalysis
- Chest Xray
- Hearing test
- Pulmonary function test
- Body fat analysis and BMI
- Quality time and results review with physician
- Extensive My Life Report with health improvement initiatives
Additional age/gender testing
Treadmill stress test, Dexascan/bone density test, Mammography-ACR accredited, Complete gynecological exam, PSA/blood screen for prostate cancer
Pregnancy tests, HIV, drug screening - all handled discretely, Sports physicals, DOT exams, Vaccinations: Flu, tetanus, shingles (Zostavax), pneumonia (Pneumovax), HPV (Gardasil), Hepatitis A and B
- Basic exam and additional testing under one roof in one visit
- Complete exam in 1 1/2 - 3 hours (based on tests performed)
- Little or no waiting
- My Life Portal - with online paperwork, prescription refill requests, full health records and communication with LIFESIGNS providers
- Covered by most health insurance plans
- Home-like surroundings
- Coffee, snacks, showers and lockers
- Professional staff graded daily on customer service
TotalCare - Prevention focused primary care
LIFESIGNS is committed to helping you accomplish your health improvement goals. Our TotalCare program offers one-on-one time with a Physician or Nurse Practitioner specializing in:
- nutrition education and weight management
- cholesterol/lipids management
- blood pressure control
- preventive counseling and risk reduction
Based on your exam results, our providers will give you personalized direction, support and accountability toward becoming a healthier you. These visits are typically covered by insurance with only a small copay.
If you are searching for a Primary Care Physician, TotalCare is also available for prevention-focused primary care, sick visits, and acute care.
LIFESIGNS online - web portal and tools
LIFESIGNS offers it's patients a cutting-edge, proprietary My Life portal, which hosts 24 hour online health records, prescription refill requests, appointment requests and communication with your provider.
My Life Portal also offers these medically-based, proprietary web apps to help you with your health improvement goals. View educational videos, develop goals and plans to reach your goals, and track your daily progress.
- My Life FoodWise - nutrition and weight loss program
- My Life InMotion - exercise program
- My Life SmokeFree - smoking cessation program
- My Life PressurePerfect - blood pressure regulation progra