- Tom Brady Rebuffs Commissioner Roger Goodell's Suspension for Deflategate
- WKU quarterback Brandon Doughty bitten by the "weather bug"
- Sounds woes continue
- MTSU dates set for football training camp
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Upholds Tom Brady Suspension
- Pearl-Cohn hits football field for the first day in pads
- Zephyrs outlast Sounds 7-5
- Predators sign Colin Wilson to 4-year contract
- Paul Jones 1 on 1 with Titans tight end Delanie Walker
- Paul Jones sits down with TSU head coach Rod Reed
- Zephyrs come from behind to beat Sounds, 9-6
- Zephyrs beat Sounds for second straight night, 3-1
- New class to be inducted into Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
- TSU-Alabama State preview John Merritt Classic
- Fox 17's Stacy Case nice first pitch can't help Sounds against Zephyrs
- Jocquez Bruce leaving Vols football program
- Predators sign Dougherty to entry level deal
- American Teejay van Garderen Withdraws From Tour de France
- Sounds beat Sky Sox in final at bat, 2-1
- R.A. Dickey picks up 4th win of the season as Blue Jays beat Athletics 5-2
- David Price pitches well in possible final start for Detroit Tigers
- Titans tight end Delanie Walker gives back to area youngsters
- Sky Sox beats Sounds in walk-off fashion, 4-3
- Kevin Creasy eager to lead Oakland after a successful run at Trousdale Co.
- Titans wide receiver Justin Hunter granted bond by Virginia judge
- Titans sign Marcus Mariota
- Jacksonville State picked to win OVC Football title in 2015
- Titans' Justin Hunter Charged with Felony Assault
- Predators sign Craig Smith to 5-year, $21.25 million deal
- Sounds stumble in series finale against Omaha
- Sounds go to extra innings for second straight win over Omaha
- Daniel Bituli commits to play for Vols
- Jay Cutler holds football camp in Hendersonville
- Orioles beat David Price and Tigers 3-0
- Former Dore Casali hits game-winning homer in Rays win over Blue Jays
- Sounds win 4-3 over Stormchasers and Pridie talks All Star game
- Swanson, Buehler sign major league contracts
- Preds sign Jarnkrok to one year deal
- Vandy athletes learning on trip to Cuba
- Mike Ribeiro settles lawsuit alleging sexual assault
- Titans host 7-on-7 Passing Tournament
- Tennessee optimistic at SEC Media Days
- Tennessee Girl Will Be Allowed to Play Football
- Grizzlies ink Marc Gasol to 5-year contract
- Vanderbilt football coach Derek Mason speaks at SEC Media Days
- Predators sign defenseman Anthony Bitetto to one-year contract
- Sounds beaten 12-3 by Redbirds to end first half of PCL season
- Sonny Gray tosses 2 hit shutout in last start before All Star break
- Preds end Development Camp with Saturday scrimmage
- Redbirds beat Sounds in Memphis, 5-4
Vols fall in heartbreaker to Michigan, 73-71
Updated: Sunday, March 30 2014, 11:12 AM CDT
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Jordan Morgan scored 15 points and Nik Stauskas had 14 including a key free throw to help Michigan hold on for a 73-71 victory over Tennessee in Friday's first Midwest Regional semifinal.
The second-seeded Wolverines now play either Louisville, who they lost to in last year's national championship game, or 2012 national champion Kentucky Sunday.
The Wolverines (28-8) led by 15 with 10:55 to go, but committed four turnovers in the final 97 seconds. Tennessee (24-13) cut the lead to 72-71 and had a chance to take the lead, but Jarnell Stokes was called for an offensive foul with 6 seconds left.
Stauskas then made 1 of 2 free throws and Tennessee's long desperation heave was off the mark.
Jordan McRae scored 24 to lead the 11th-seeded Vols.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.