- Police Warn of Fake Cowboys vs. Titans Tickets
- Tennessee Titans Make Statement in Win Over Chiefs
- BREAKING: Baltimore Ravens Terminate Ray Rice in Wake of Video
- Titans vs. Chiefs Matchup Will Speak Volumes
- Teddy Bridgewater leads Vikings past Titans 19-3
- Titans starters looking forward to more playing time in 3rd preseason game
- Justin Hunter and Mike Preston: Separated at birth?
- Titans accept Ice Bucket Challenge from former teammate with ALS
- Tennessee Titans: What to Look for in Week 3 Preseason
- RAW News: Tim Shaw discusses his A.L.S. diagnosis and Ice Bucket Challenge to the Titans
- Titans working to start games better, fix mistakes
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Tennessee Titans
- Tennessee Titans Week 2: What We Learned
- Fantasy Football Analysis for All 32 Teams
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Washington Redskins
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: St. Louis Rams
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Seattle Seahawks
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: San Francisco 49ers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: San Diego Chargers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Pittsburgh Steelers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Philadelphia Eagles
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Oakland Raiders
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: New York Jets
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: New York Giants
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: New Orleans Saints
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: New England Patriots
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Minnesota Vikings
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Miami Dolphins
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Kansas City Chiefs
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Jacksonville Jaguars
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Indianapolis Colts
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Houston Texans
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Detroit Lions
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Green Bay Packers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Denver Broncos
- Ken Whisenhunt surprises Titans with a trip to the movies
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Dallas Cowboys
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Cleveland Browns
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Cincinnati Bengals
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Chicago Bears
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Carolina Panthers
- Fantasy Football Draft 2014: Buffalo Bills
- Fantasy Football 2014: Baltimore Ravens
- Fantasy Football Analysis 2014: Atlanta Falcons
- Fantasy Football Analysis 2014: Arizona Cardinals
- Titans add Vallos, Adams, waive two others
- Recap of Tuesday at Titans training camp
- Fans get last glimpse of Titans in training camp
- Justin Hunter fights to get his name back
- Hagan having a good camp for Titans
- RAW: Ken Whisenhunt's Sunday news conference
- RAW News: Ken Whisenhunt postgame news conference after 20-16 win over Packers
- Titans beat Packers in preseason opener, 20-16
- Titans ready for preseason opener
- Titans excited about preseason opener vs. Green Bay Packers
- In His Own Words: Titans Offensive Line Coach Bob Bostad
- Ken Whisenhunt releases Titans first depth chart...sort of
- Tennessee Titans Quarterback Tyler Wilson Cut
- Titans and Falcons hold feisty practice in Georgia
- Titans and Falcons hold feisty practice in Georgia
- Schwenke most likely to get in scrap with Falcons
- Titans prepare for Falcons scrimmage
- Warmack excited about scrimmage against Falcons
- Titans' Levitre removed from injury list
- Fantasy Football 2014: Bills vs. Giants Breakdown
- Titans: Ken Whisenhunt RAW Sound Friday
- Training Camp Week 1: Breaking Down the Tennessee Titans
- Jurrell Casey not focusing on contract negotiations
- In His Own Words: Titans Linebackers Coach Lou Spanos
- Titans safety Bernard Pollard uses day off to rest his voice
- In His Own Words: Titans Secondary Coach Louie Cioffi
- Titans first day in pads
- Bishop Sankey looking forward to pads on Monday
- Titans battle windy conditions on Day 2
- Woodyard settling in on Titans' D
- Titans highlights from first day
- Day 1 at Titans Camp
- Titans' Mettenberger didn't enjoy getting punched in the face
- In His Own Words: Titans defensive line coach Giff Smith
- Former Titans linebacker Tim Shaw says he has ALS
Titans All Access Videos
Nobody thought he might have ALS.
Shaw even played through the 2013 preseason with the Titans before being released in the final roster cuts. He turned 30 in March, announced his retirement and then finally being diagnosed in April.
"It's the hardest thing I've ever had to hear," Shaw said Wednesday after the Titans accepted his Ice Bucket Challenge as he watched.
"Every thought runs through your mind. But as a man, you have a choice. What are you going to do? Are you going to stand up and fight for your life, or are you going to accept what someone else tells you is reality and just fade away? And so as staggering as that news was and as shocking as it is to hear and to say, I made that choice to stand up and live life to the fullest."
Shaw credits the Ice Bucket Challenge sweeping social media with helping him go public.
He announced his diagnosis in a 25-second video posted Tuesday on the Titans' web site before pouring a bucket of ice water over his head to raise money and awareness to battle the disease. He also challenged the Titans organization, Penn State football where he played in college and its coach James Franklin and his hometown community in Livonia, Michigan.
Shaw played in 80 games in six seasons starting with Carolina (2007), Jacksonville (2008), Chicago (2009) and the Titans (2010-12). Shaw was the Titans' special teams captain in 2011 and 2012.
The Titans emptied their headquarters of every available cooler and trash bucket so they could accept the ice water challenge with the former linebacker watching the mass dousing a few steps away. Even first-year coach Ken Whisenhunt, who didn't know Shaw, poured ice water on himself.
Cornerback Jason McCourty challenged all Titans' fans to take the challenge to help raise awareness, and a handful of Shaw's former teammates talked or hugged him afterward.
"I feel very humbled, humbled to be shown that type of demonstration," Shaw said.
Left tackle Michael Roos said he had been thinking of making a donation for ALS over the past few days. After Shaw shared his diagnosis, Roos made a $1,000 donation. Roos said the cause needs money more than the ice water but he also doused himself Wednesday in recognition of his former teammate.
Asked if he worries about a correlation between playing football and ALS, Roos said he isn't sure if there is a correlation.
"There are a lot of risks in this game and you can't let anybody fool you," Roos said. "You know enough of them and know you're doing something to your body that's not good. .... No one thinks that's going to happen, but you're putting your body through a lot of stuff."
McCourty already had done the challenge and made a donation Tuesday.
"He was just here a year ago at this very moment getting ready for our third preseason game against Atlanta ...," McCourty said. "A year later, and he's fighting a whole new battle. It puts life and things in perspective."
Shaw is a man of strong faith, and he notes he never missed a game as a linebacker. He is taking the one medication approved to try and slow symptoms from ALS and plans a mission trip to help dig a well in an Amazon village in Brazil in September.
"I believe God has built this body in a way to withstand something like this and to fight something like this, so absolutely that is my No. 1 driving force," he said.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
|08/09||Titans||Green Bay Packers||LP Field-7pm (Preseason)||W: 20-16|
|08/15||Saints||Titans||Mercedes-Benz Superdome- 70m (Preseason)||L: 31-24|
|08/23||Falcons||Titans||Georgia Dome- 6pm (Preseason)||W: 24-17|
|08/28||Titans||Vikings||LP Field- 7pm (Preseason)||L: 19-3|
|09/07||K.C. Chiefs||Titans||Arrowhead- 12pm (Regular Season Starts)||W: 26-10|
|09/14||Titans||Dallas Cowboys||LP Field- 12pm (Home Opener on FOX 17)||TBD|
|09/21||Cincinnati Bengals||Titans||Paul Brown Stadium- 12pm||TBD|
|09/28||Indianapolis Colts||Titans||Lucas Oil Stadium- 12pm||TBD|
|10/05||Titans||Cleveland Browns||LP Field- 12pm||TBD|
|10/12||Titans||Jacksonville Jaguars||LP Field- 12pm||TBD|
|10/19||Washington Redskins||Titans||FedEx Field- 12pm||TBD|
|10/26||Titans||Houston Texans||LP Field- 12pm||TBD|
|11/09||Baltimore Ravens||Titans||M&T Bank Stadium- 12pm||TBD|
|11/17||Titans||Pittsburgh Steelers||LP- 7:30pm (Monday Night Football)||TBD|
|11/23||Philadelphia Eagles||Titans||Lincoln Financial Field- 12pm||TBD|
|11/30||Houston Texans||Titans||NRG Stadium- 12pm||TBD|
|12/07||Titans||N.Y. Giants||LP Field- 12pm (On FOX 17)||TBD|
|12/14||Titans||N.Y. Jets||LP Field- 3:05pm||TBD|
|12/18||Jacksonville Jaguars||Titans||EverBank Field- 7:35pm (Thursday Night Football)||TBD|
|12/28||Titans||Indianapolis Colts||LP Field- 12pm||TBD|
Submit Your Photos
Tweets by @TennesseeTitans
Tweets by @nflredzone