WZTV - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Smyrna Man Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Stream Fox 17 newscasts LIVE starting with Fox 17 This Morning at 5 am and News at 9 pm.


NASHVILLE, Tenn.-- Metro police say a Smyrna man who died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Tulip Blossom Drive residence this morning could have been caused by a generator inside of his work van. 



Al Batson, 37, had been hired to clean carpets at the residence, which was being prepped for rental. A potential renter found him dead at the scene, lying on the floor. 


Batson had arrived at the home yesterday, parked his van in the garage and shut the garage door. When the Fire Department responded to the scene this morning, they found the generator in his van still running. 

Follow us on Twitter @wztv_fox17 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates.