Weather Alert

Freeze Warning, Cumberland Plateau Advisory

Winter-like conditions will be possible for middle Tennessee this weekend. A freeze warning is in effect for Friday and Saturday night. Temperatures will drop to around the freezing mark in Nashville and upper 20s outside the metro area. Saturday night will be even colder with temperatures dropping as low as the mid-20s outside the metro. Breezy NW winds will add to the chill. In addition to the cold, rain showers along the Cumberland Plateau will change over to light snow overnight.

WEATHER ALERT

Weather Alert Radar

WZTV - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

One Firefighter Hurt, 10 Families Without a Place to Stay

Stream WZTV Fox 17 Newscasts LIVE starting with Fox 17 This Morning at 5am and News at 9pm.

MADISON, Tenn. - Reality is starting to sink in Tuesday night for 10 families. They'll never go back to the place they call home. They lost nearly everything in a fire Tuesday afternoon at the Point Breeze Apartments in Madison. They're lucky to be alive and so is one firefighter who was hurt. The fire started in a back apartment unit and allegedly a single candle caused all this damage. You can see the building is a total loss. People who lived there say it all happened in just a matter of minutes. Residents watch helplessly as firefighters make their way through heavy smoke and screaming alarms. It's the place Christina Harris used to call home. All she has left: the clothes on her back, her pet snake and 2 Sugar Glider Marsupials.

The flames took out all 10 apartments in the building. Everyone made it out safely except one firefighter.

It took hours to calm the chaos. Carol Bray isn't taking it too well. She says the fire started in her apartment after leaving a candle unattended.

It's hard for her to walk back and look at what's left. She can't believe a candle caused all of this, but it's starting to sink in. This is not home anymore. Not for her or 9 other families who lived there. The firefighter who was hurt is going to be okay. Tuesday night the Red Cross is stepping up. They're offering shelter to the families that need it. Clean up can't start there until insurance adjustors assess the damage.

Follow us on Twitter @wztv_fox17 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates.